Executive Bourbon Steward (In-Person)
Spend a day at our hands-on learning center and have the time of your life as you attain a real working knowledge of bourbon and bourbon production. Designed for industry professionals and bourbon enthusiasts alike, this day-long workshop offers state-of-the-art classroom training, hands-on distilling, and advanced sensory training, along with plenty of bourbon to enjoy throughout the day (for educational purposes, of course).
You’ll gain a strengthened understanding of the technical side of bourbon production, its history and relationship to other whiskeys, and the variety of aromas and flavors found in different expressions, giving you all the tools you need to build creative flights and guide your own engaging sensory experiences. In addition to joining the 2,500+ Bourbon Stewards from around the world who have graduated our program, you’ll also gain the ability to speak with knowledge and confidence when sharing your appreciation for Kentucky’s signature spirit.
Key concepts covered:
- Whiskey classification, including what makes bourbon unique
- The science of bourbon distillation and aging
- An overview of bourbon production practices and equipment
- The history of America’s national spirit
- Sensory and aroma training
- How to educate consumers in a friendly and engaging way
- Tips on how to build and conduct bourbon tastings
Included with your purchase:
- The Bourbon Steward handbook
- A 36-piece bourbon sensory training kit
- A crossed thieves lapel pin (upon course completion)
- A special Stave and Thief Society challenge coin (upon course completion)
We’ll start the day with some breakfast and refreshments, and provide lunch around noon. The rest of the day will consist of informative learning led by our awesome staff, a tour of the distillery as we brew up a batch of distiller’s beer from scratch, and activities as we explore grains and barrel chars. At the end of the day, we’ll take a test and everyone who passes will earn the title Executive Bourbon Steward in the Stave & Thief Society until the end of time.
- Classroom instruction and demonstrations
- Hands-on production in distillery
- Advanced sensory training
- Take the online test